Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What I've Been Up To

Following Dr. Write, a list:

  1. Reading for my own enjoyment! Just finished Crybaby Butch and Need More Love--both fabulous in their own ways, though I strongly recommend the latter, an illustrated memoir by Aline Kominsky Crumb.
  2. Reading for my upcoming RSA presentation, including rereading an exam I wrote in 2004 on queer historiography. Know what? I'm pretty smart!
  3. Having lots of fun.
  4. Trying to eat more and still losing weight. And yes, I'm seeing my doctor tomorrow morning. So no, you don't need to nag me when you see me in Seattle. But you could buy me a highly caloric alcoholic beverage.
  5. Watching Once, which was absolutely amazing. Oh-my-god amazing.
  6. Getting grumpy with the archives, because someone was supposed to have scanned some photos and documents for me by the end of last week, and they won't get them done on time. So I have to go up and take photographs this afternoon.
  7. Buying a pretty new turquoise sweater for a dinner date.
  8. Rescheduling that dinner date due to the date-ee's illness, which is just as well, since I have to get that presentation done.
  9. Procrastinating yet again on my presentation by playing online. Like right now.
  10. See, still at it.

2 comments:

Dr Write said...

I loved "Once" also. I just saw them play here live. If you get the chance, see them. It was great!! Good luck with the presentation. Right now I am procrastinating on my writing.

ChrisG said...

In the interest of your health, I will gladly buy you more than one high calorie alcoholic drink. Palisades, anyone?