Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Maddie's Resolutions for 2008

1. I resolve to only eat foods placed in my bowl or given to me by my people. In particular, I will not eat things with wrappers, which then block up my delicate system. As a dog of certain age, I must respect my body.

2. I resolve to remind my people not to let me walk on sidewalks that have been salted, as this is very hard on my paws. And, of course, since I rely heavily on my front paws, when one of those hurts, I find myself in undignified positions--i.e., collapsed upon the cold ground.

3. In related news, I resolve not to fight my people when they want to support me with the sling thing when I am ascending stairs.

4. I resolve to let my people know when The Puppy is getting on my nerves, so that I can take a break. Before I snap.

5. I resolve to eat my meals and not just hold out for treats, in order not to lose more weight and maintain my fabulous figure.

6. I resolve to exercise and stay fit in order to slow the progression of paralysis in my hindquarters.

7. Likewise, I resolve not to overdo when I am out on my walks. And to look out for holes in the ground that might trip me up.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Maddie might benefit from Dasuquin and Oxstrin. THese are two dietary supplements that a vet in Denver told me about. My dogs are 4, 9, and 14 years of age. The old girl definitely benefits from these supplements. Good luck. Dogs rule!

middlebrow said...

I love the idea of dog resolutions. Our Gus needs to have a few resolutions, like, "I resolve to no longer take clothes out in the back yard."