Friday, July 04, 2008

busy busy busy

Well, busier than I thought, anyway. Things I've been getting done, even when I feel I'm not getting enough done:
1. Taught myself to use iCal this morning. (This may be a snap to some folks, but we Easily Distracted Persons don't always handle self-instruction all that well. Like, it took me several frustrated attempts to find that dinky tiny drop-down menu for recurring events.)
2. Attempted to figure out how to sync iCal and Google calendar. Decided to bag it for now, because, quite frankly, I don't need to know. So there.
3. Played with display features on Macbook. Because I can. And because there was too much crap in the dock. (Do I need a constant reminder that I could--were I so inclined--compose music on my computer?)
4. Emailed online learning guy at New School to see if there's any upcoming workshops on their course management system. Because I hate starting the semester confused about stuff like that.
5. Realized--again--that it's a good thing I haven't gotten farther on my syllabi, since it would be good to know what features I might want to use on said new CMS.
6. Treated myself to cosmo & sushi last night and continued re-reading John Bean's Engaging Ideas. Because I'm teaching four classes this fall. And I need help structuring assignments in a more time-effective yet still pedagogically sound manner.
7. Played TextTwist.
8. Sent short text to C., who won't see it for hours. Because I can.
9. Bought a cinnamon dolce latte from Starbucks. That was first, naturally. And it's not decaf. Don't tell my doctor, k?
10. Told y'all what I've been doing.
11. Got back to work.

No comments: