Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Much Better Thanks, and Seven Facts

I'm feeling much better, but did no work for two days. And now I have to face the students again. Argh. So, with my little bit of energy (drawn from that two ounces of juice, one bite of jello, half a cup of oatmeal, slice of toast with honey, and bowl of ramen--a veritable feast today!) I take on this meme, for which I have been tagged by Dr. Write:

The Rules
1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are "TAGGED" by leaving a comment on their blog

Seven facts about me:
1. I think I should appreciate opera, but I've never gotten around to it.

2. "Should" plays far too large a role in my vocabulary, as in "should have finished that PhD two years ago," "should do sit ups every day," "should be a more compassionate person." (Note how if I actually applied that last one, I wouldn't should myself so much.)

3. Even now, when I pass by places accepting job applications, I sometimes think "I should apply there." Like, Starbucks. I hear they have excellent benefits.

4. I'm in therapy. Here are some recent revelations: a) I have to ask for what I want; b) which means I have to figure out what I want; c) sometimes you have to ask for what you want more than once; d) I sometimes still behave as if I'm in my last relationship, even though my GF is very very different; e) childhood bullying had a huge impact on me, which really sucks.

5. I think my photographs are really fabulous, and wonder why others don't see what I see in all those closeups of trees.

6. I still believe that I'll make Christmas presents.

7. I hate tagging people. It feels like a popularity contest, because, quite frankly, I don't have that many friends in Blog-O-World (oh, like "blogosphere" is so much better). So, on this meme, they've probably all been tagged already

2 comments:

Dr Write said...

Me too? (numbers 1 through 3!) I mean, when am I going to realize that I have a job? But sometimes I miss Starbucks, the job that, when you leave it, doesn't occupy any of your mind.
I'm glad you are feeling (somewhat) better.
And you should be more compassionate with yourself! You should! (that's my inner bully talking. I'll tell her to shut up!)

Kate Wakefield said...

I don't think I've been tagged with this meme yet, so after I get a chance to think about it, I'll try posting a reply in my LJ.

Hope you're feeling better!