I'm feeling much better, but did no work for two days. And now I have to face the students again. Argh. So, with my little bit of energy (drawn from that two ounces of juice, one bite of jello, half a cup of oatmeal, slice of toast with honey, and bowl of ramen--a veritable feast today!) I take on this meme, for which I have been tagged by Dr. Write:
1. List the link to your tagger and also post these following rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, etc.
3. Tag 7 people at the the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are "TAGGED" by leaving a comment on their blog
Seven facts about me:
1. I think I should appreciate opera, but I've never gotten around to it.
2. "Should" plays far too large a role in my vocabulary, as in "should have finished that PhD two years ago," "should do sit ups every day," "should be a more compassionate person." (Note how if I actually applied that last one, I wouldn't should myself so much.)
3. Even now, when I pass by places accepting job applications, I sometimes think "I should apply there." Like, Starbucks. I hear they have excellent benefits.
4. I'm in therapy. Here are some recent revelations: a) I have to ask for what I want; b) which means I have to figure out what I want; c) sometimes you have to ask for what you want more than once; d) I sometimes still behave as if I'm in my last relationship, even though my GF is very very different; e) childhood bullying had a huge impact on me, which really sucks.
5. I think my photographs are really fabulous, and wonder why others don't see what I see in all those closeups of trees.
6. I still believe that I'll make Christmas presents.
7. I hate tagging people. It feels like a popularity contest, because, quite frankly, I don't have that many friends in Blog-O-World (oh, like "blogosphere" is so much better). So, on this meme, they've probably all been tagged already