Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Resting on laurels

I've been a bit low the last few days. I think it's a post-Everything lull. Like, there was this goal I had in front of me for nearly seven years, and now I've reached it. And I'm not diving straight into a job: I am, in fact, underemployed this summer, which is less panicky since I have a good job beginning in mid-August.

But this means no Giant Looming Deadlines. And yet, I feel like I SHOULD be doing something. Yes, that's SHOULD in all caps, because, of course, I have to keep busy. I see myself as essentially lazy, and therefore I must always be doing stuff in order to counteract this natural laziness.

Except, I'm not, really. I'm no more lazy than most folks. I'm able to be more self-indulgent, perhaps, than a lot of folks, since I don't have children and my work is less schedule-driven (I don't punch a time clock).

And I've just accomplished a really really really big thing. So, I need to give myself permission to relax and enjoy for a bit. In that spirit, I'm going to postpone re-reading for Getting Things Done for another week or two. Particularly since I've just started Sarah Waters's The Night Watch.

So there. Planning for those next projects can wait a few more days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest away, Sis...you deserve it!!!!