Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thankfulness

Okay, after all that whining, here's what I'm thankful for:

1. A swift kick to the reality check this year, one that was long overdue.
2. Good friends and family who were there for me when I hit bottom, and who continue to bring joy to my life.
3. A department that supports me wholeheartedly, even if I'm no poster child for speedy completion and R1 placement.
4. A good therapist (whom some of those good people mentioned above recommended) to help me deal with things head on.
5. Good health.
6. Maddie the Wonder Dog and the recently deceased Harley
7. A nice (if chilly) place to live.
8. A car that's paid for and runs well (with thanks to Ms. J in absentia)
9. A job market that ain't so bad.

And in a category all by herself, the GirlFriend. For being just exactly who she is.

No comments: