Friday, June 16, 2006

Really, really dating

In 1992, when I became single for the first time in several years, I promised myself that I would date three (3) people before coming involved with anyone seriously. I did not fulfill that promise. Perhaps I would have made other choices had I done so. But one never knows, does one?

However, I would like y'all to know that this time, I will have fulfilled that promise by Monday evening. I will have gone on at least one date with three different people.

I don't think this is somehow a magic number, which will somehow release me from all my personal foibles and turn me into this incredibly healthy individual. But I think it's a very good start.

Next step: learning to flirt with women I meet in public places.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always found you can lean over, say, "Excuse me, but you have a little lipstick..." (move in closer) "right...."(closer) "THERE!" and you kiss them on the cheek.

I didn't say it worked.

Anonymous said...

keep us updated on how that goes, eh? b/c i've never figured it out either, especially w/women! :)

& p.s. i'll (knock on wood) be home tomorrow afternoon--when are we investigating that new mex place?

Anonymous said...

A real inspiration, Susan. Keep it up--and we want updates, with details! And I mean DETAILS!

:-)