Monday, June 26, 2006

bird watching


So, Saturday's adventure at Beaver Lake Nature Center was great fun--so relaxing to be out under the leafy green of the trees, listening to the frogs pluck their rubber-band bass, watching for interesting birds and plants and tree formations.

The big sighting: a pair of pileated woodpeckers. They're supposed to be shy, but this duo was quite near the trail and very tolerant of my less-than-successful efforts to photograph them. (Someday, when I have that spiffy new camera with the 10x optical zoom...) You can check out more of my photos at flickr.

1 comment:

senioritis said...

What a treat! I've never seen one. There was one in our backyard a couple of years ago, but it was while I was at work, and BP wasn't as successful a photographer as are you. Thanx for sharing.