Friday, June 26, 2009

Wedding Stuff Continued

Okay, so now that I have the beautiful car purchased (and making progress learning how to back into my parking spot...sigh...), back to the other fun stuff: wedding! Plans! Dreams! Oh, and realities--usually of the budget sort. 

1. The NY State Senate continues to behave in an especially boorish fashion, so no progress on getting the gay marriage bill passed. So, we're still up in the air on the actual nuptials location. 

2. The rings arrived! We're wearing them--why not? I've never worn so much bling in my life, and you all know how I am with shiny objects. (I warn students that my strict rules on talking/texting/whatevering during class have more to do with my own distractibility than anything else.) Pretty pretty pretty. (I tried unsuccessfully to take a photo, so you'll just have to wait 'til you see me in person.)

3. During a break from working on an online syllabus this afternoon, I stopped in to Macy's and tried on a couple of dresses, just to get an idea of necklines and such, and to feed my daydreaming. So far, I've settled on inexpensive, v-neck or halter, empire waist, and full skirt for happy dancing. And that's enough on that for a while--I mean, it's a year away. Face it: I love avoiding my work, and this feeds my avoidance. 

4. I bought a copy of Martha Stewart Weddings, and I'm not allowed to buy any more wedding magazines. They say the same thing over and over again. And the featured weddings in Martha are, of course, fabulous *and* crafty. I am not crafting a paper bouquet. I don't think I'll even have a bouquet, for that matter. Nor am I rubber stamping and calligraphing place cards. Ain't happening.

2 comments:

Mark Ellis said...

So what kind of car did you get? enquiring minds want to know. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!
If you wanna get ready for
the Wedding Feast Upstairs, girl,
you better lookit our blogOramma:
☆ nrg2xtc.blogspot.com ☆
GBY