Thursday, April 09, 2009

Crankypants

Reasons I am cranky:
1. It's April, it's still cold, and I want to wear sandals.
2. It's April, and the semester's coming to a climax, and I'm barely keeping my head above water.
3. I'm behind on two important department service tasks.
4. I need more sleep.
5. I want to drop a couple of pounds.
6. I probably shouldn't want to drop a couple of pounds.
7. I'm too lazy to get in shape.
8. I'm way too hard on myself.
9. Did I mention that it's April? And it was snowing the last couple of days?
10. I don't have a 10th reason, and I don't need one. So there.

1 comment:

tyra said...

me too, me too, me too, me too.... except for #6, which is not me, as i really should want that, and also get off my ass & implement, but in my way are #s 1, 2, & also 9, which are also in the way of my mental health & the chance that i might ever believe in any of my delusions about being a calm, zenlike person.

also i find this charming b/c "crankypants" is & always has been my term for exactly this clusterfsck of how-stuff-feels and how i want to stomp my feet about it, so despite the cranky, you made me smile.