Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meme Time (so don't say I never post anymore)

First thing you wash in the shower?
Hair.

What color is your favorite hoodie?
Aqua blue.

Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
Yes, please.

Do you plan outfits?
Yes. (And if you know me, you didn’t need to ask!)

What do you use on your face?
Dove lotion with SPF 15.

How are you feeling RIGHT now?
Not bad, though I wish I was on my way southwards.

What's the closest thing to you that's red?
My red leather zip-around 3-ring binder from Levengers. (A treat for myself last fall, so’s I’d feel all professorial.)

What was the last dream you remember having?
My dreams are always weird and really hard to recall…

Did you meet anybody new today?
Yes—a textbook salesman’s boss. Nice guy.

What are you craving right now?
My sweetie.

Have you ever counted to 1,000?
Nope.

Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it?
Or?

Do you like your hair?
Yes. Though I keep vacillating on the color.

Do you like yourself?
Yes, I do. That’s one of the perks of being 46.

Would you go out to eat with George W. Bush?
Is it okay if I drink too much and speak my mind?

What are you listening to right now?
The occasional sounds of colleagues moving about, and the elevator.

Are your parents strict?
Not really, though Dad talked a good line.

Would you go sky diving?
Maybe.

Do you like cottage cheese?
Yes, though I don’t really go out of my way to eat it.

Have you ever met a celebrity?
I don’t think so…I’d remember, wouldn’t I?

Do you rent movies often?
Lots—Netflix.

Is there anything sparkly in the room you're in?
A four-inchish clear rubber ball filled with glitter…like a bouncy crystal ball.

Have you made a prank phone call?
I think I did, when I was very young, and under the influence of the girl next door.

Ever been on a train?
Yes, and I want to do it again.

Do you use lip gloss/chap stick?
Love the lip gloss, particularly my MAC Lip Glass in “Venetian.”

Do you own a gun?
No. Not gonna happen.

Can you use chop sticks?
Yes, though not brilliantly.

Who are you going to be with tonight?
Hanging out with friends, then sleeping alone. So sad.

Are you too forgiving?
I don’t have the attention span for grudges.

Ever been in love?
Yes. Four times in my adult life. But this one’s a keeper.

What is your best friend doing tomorrow?
Do I have one? My oldest friend will probably be going to work on Pacific Time, and my closest friend here will be enjoying Waffle Friday with her little girl.

Ever have cream puffs?
Yes. Not bad: pastry, cream, what’s not to like?

Last time you cried?
Last week. Something on TV, probably.

What was the last question you asked?
Teacher-y questions: “What’s the purpose of your essay? What do you want readers to take away?”

Favorite time of the year?
Fall in the Northeast. Or August in the Pacific Northwest. Or late spring. Or…

Do you have any tattoos?
Not yet.

Are you sarcastic?
Oh, honey, please. Big sarcastic moment today, in response to a student’s admission that he smokes dope, “Surprise!”

Ever walked into a wall?
Many times. And hit my head on any number of surfaces. And fell down stairs.

Favorite color?
These days it’s purple or aqua.

Have you ever slapped someone?
No.

Is your hair curly?
The opposite.

What was the last CD you bought?
Brandi Carlisle, “The Story.”

Do you like your life right now?
Yes—I just wish I didn’t have to split my time between two places.

Do you sleep with the TV on?
Only if I doze off while my sweetie’s watching.

Can you handle the truth?
“Truth? What's that?!?” What she said.

Do you have good vision?
Yes, thanks to laser technology.

Do you hate or dislike more than 3 people?
Yes.

How often do you talk on the phone?
Every week night I’m away from my sweetie.

The last person you held hands with?
My sweetie.

What are you wearing?
Dark jeans, long-sleeved v-neck tee with some sort of Asian floral design, Skechers (with no socks—spring’s coming!!!)

What is your favorite animal?
Cats. But lots of others run a close second.

Where was your profile picture taken at?
My sister’s house in Seattle.

Can you hula hoop?
No way.

Do you have a job?
Tenure-track, baby!

What was the most recent thing you bought?
Let’s see…I bought a Vitamin Water last Monday…

Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes.

What’s your favorite Jolly Rancher candy flavor?
Sour Apple. No, cherry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your sweetie is a keeper! Being in love is wonderful.

So, you said "not yet" to tattoos. Does that mean you're considering one??