Saturday, June 14, 2008

In the Unlikely Event of a Water Landing


...or, that I publish a book. Dr. Write is auditioning photos for her recently accepted volume of stories, so, in the unlikely event that I ever need a pic for the book jacket, I offer this one. I think it's an excellent choice. Apparently I was offering a toast at the reception following the doctoral hooding ceremony. I was not drunk--I had about two sips of that beer--but in my usual antiphotogenic way, I have achieved the essence of drunken pretension.

Not an easy task, I must say.

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I love how this picture represents the moment in which one is about to intone. Excellent.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RunningBurro said...

I love it when blogger is unblocked. I can catch up on my comments!

Whenever a camera is pointed at me, I start blinking like 10 times more than normal. I have no idea why this happens. As a result, I've developed this really bad habit of opening my eyes realllllyyyy wide (a la A Clockwork Orange) in anticipation of the onset of blinking so that maybe, just maybe, D can get a photo of me hanging out in China with my eyes open. It's exhausting, I tell you.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the acceptance! Tell us more! This is exCITing!

Cheers! :-)

P