Friday, June 20, 2008

Falling Into Place

C. (formerly known as TWIS, or "This Woman I'm Seeing") and I drove up to the Thousand Islands on Tuesday and stayed over, then to my soon-to-be-hometown in scenic Northern New York on Wednesday to check out my new apartment complex. We walked through a semi-vacant unit (they're all identical, so it was helpful), and all looks good. Imagine that: a place that looks exactly like the website represents it. Amazing. And we walked over the footbridge over the river to campus, and it's a beautiful walk. I imagine many mornings I'll be booking it to get to class on time, so not necessarily enjoying the water or the trees, but still. Gorgeous. And good to know I'll be getting my daily exercise, either walking or biking to school five days a week.

C. and I continue to enjoy each other's company, and plan to for the foreseeable future. But since she doesn't read my blog, or any blogs for that matter, nor otherwise waste her time online, I won't be blogging about it. So if you want to know more, well, email or call. That's all I'm sayin'.

Apropos of nothing, I got my hair highlighted on Tuesday. Um, I say "highlighted," but really, bleached. I'm blonde, baby. The cut is fabulous, but I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the blonde-ness of it all. My roommate (whose fashion sense I trust) and academom (whom I trust not to lie to me) both like it a lot, so I think I'll just have to adjust. Maybe I just need to be a wee bit tanner.

Of course, now Middle Sister and I look more alike again...we might even fool folks into believing we' re really blondes. Really smart blondes.

No comments: