Friday, April 25, 2008

Meme-o-rama

By way of academom (who was tagged by her mom)...

Five things in each of the following categories:

10 years ago, I was:

1. 35
2. Taking the GREs so's I could get in the MA in English at WWU
3. Working full-time at the library and getting mighty tired of it
4. Living with SO No. 2 (aka "Ms J")
5. Spokesmodel for my local chapter of Hands Off Washington, an lgbt rights group

Today’s to do list:

1. Grade grade grade (some done, lots more to do)
2. Go to Fleet Feet (highly recommended by academom herself) to get trail-appropriate sneaks (done--will post pix when I can)
3. Call about possible apartment for impending move
4. Email student re outline of final project
5. Make other appointments that have been on my to-do list for WEEKS

Snacks I enjoy:

1. Cheese
2. Cheese & pretzels
3. Cheese & meat
4. Chips & salsa
5. Pickles

If I was a billionaire, I would:

1. Pay off my (actually quite reasonable) debts, as well as my sisters', and my friends'
2. Create a trust fund for my nephews' education (formal and otherwise)
3. Buy one of the Thousand Islands (and create a trust to pay for the outrageous taxes)
4. Create a trust for myself so I could have a bit of extra travel money every year
5. Give the rest away

My bad habits:

1. I judge myself and others much too harshly (that was academom's & I ditto that)
2. I pick & bite my nails
3. I engage in way too much negative self-talk
4. I squirrel time away reading crap on the internet (again, ditto academom)
5. I drive places I could so easily walk or ride my bike to

Pet peeves:

1. Tailgaters (ditto academom)
2. Colleagues who make disparaging remarks about students (whom they often call "kids")
3. The words "always," "never," and "just"
4. Bigotry, particularly from people who ought to (or think that they) know better
5. Uninformed pseudodebate (a la talk radio and cable news)

Places I’ve lived:

1. Shoreline, WA
2. Cottage Grove, OR
3. Bellingham, WA
4. Jersey City, NJ
5. Syracuse/Binghamton, NY

Jobs I’ve had:

1. Marionette troupe apprentice
2. Typesetter & graphic arts go-fer
3. Library clerk
4. Customer service representative
5. Teacher (aka "Doctor of Words")

No comments: