Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Tomorrow is the birthday of one of my oldest and dearest friends. I'd love to send her oodles of stuff, but of course, she doesn't need that. Instead, I'll wait until May, when we can celebrate together in Seattle over cosmos & seafood.

In the meantime, let's just recall her 14th birthday party--a slumber party at her house, with two other friends, at which we stayed up very very late eating cheese puffs and malted milk ball eggs (the fun of a near-Easter birthday) and recording an improvised satire of the Miss America pageant on her tape recorder.

Yes, geeks with orange and chocolate-covered tongues. Way cool.

1 comment:

Kate Wakefield said...

I'm not sure I should 'fess up to this one or not! You sure have a fine memory for detail.

Have some chocolate malted milk easter eggs for me.