Friday, December 01, 2006

winners & loser

Recent purchases I'm very happy with:
1. My way cool EMS GoreTex rain hat. I look like I'm facing a rainstorm Down Under. (I'm not even too annoyed that it's on sale for $9 less than I paid.)
2. Dry erase sheets by Easy Chart. They cling to the wall through static. And you can write on 'em. And wipe 'em off. (I tried to find an online link to this product, but no go. I got it at either Staples or OfficeMax.)
3. My Merrell lightweight waterproof hiking boots, that make my walk to school springy and dry. They make me itch to be in the woods.

A loser, sadly enough: the epilator. I know this hair removal device works for some folks, but on me, it leads to ingrown hairs. The search for better hair removal continues. (Aside from having my DNA altered, that is.)

And in the hall of fame for things-I-wasn't-sure-I-should-spend-money-on: my Krups espresso machine. Purchased (I think) in 1997 for around $40. Still producing decent (if not Starbucks-quality) lattes. I'm sure the cost-per-use is into the low pennies by now!

No comments: