Thursday, August 24, 2006

Alternatives for alternative folks

Susie Bright offers a snippet of interview with Kate Bornstein re the latter's latest book: Hello Cruel World: 101 Alternatives to Suicide for Teens, Freaks and Other Outlaws.

I am intrigued. Fortunately, I am among those who found lots of alternatives along the way, some healthier than others, but I'm still here. And that's the important part.

So, to all my friends who have made sure I'm still here: Thank you. And thank you and thank you and thank you and thank you, ad infinitum. To name but a few: Mom, Dad, Jeanice, Candy, aerobil, Dr B, bart the magnificent, my sisters at axo/bz (who were all supportive, and only a few befuddled, when I came out), Shar, Janet, Victoria, Robin, Kate, John, Nancy, Dana, Laurie...oh, I could keep this up all day. And I'm already verklempt.

I also want to thank the academy, and Ben & Jerry, whose Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough has gotten me through many a tough night.

No comments: