Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Eek!

I'm going to meet--live and in person--someone I connected with via match.com! So, coincidentally, I just got my hair cut and I look fabulous, but HELP! Dating...it's...it's...a mystery to me...

It's like it's that part of the map where the lines fade away and the text reads, "Here be dragons."

Maybe I should just use the advice my dissertation chair gave me after a practice job interview: "Try not to be such an active listener." In other words, try not to make all those rubber faces. Relax. Blink on occasion. Don't be overwhelming.

Don't bark with laughter.

Don't talk about your ex, unless directly asked, and then for only 30 seconds.

Maybe I should write all this down on my hand...

2 comments:

Jonathan Benda said...

They have some nice invisible ink pens for sale here, with flashlights on the ends... could be helpful...

Anonymous said...

Large amounts of alcohol worked for me...but I don't suggest that.