Sunday, December 11, 2005

Brokeback Mountain

It was a two-hanky expedition for Dr B, Ms J, and I. Okay, two hankies for me--Ms J was pretty dry eyed, and I won't speculate for Dr B, who may wish to preserve his macho image.

As vulnerable as I am to most anything on the big screen ("in this rare footage of two young cowboys cavorting naked in the Wyoming wilderness..."), I often rate the impact of a movie by how long it takes me to emerge from a semicomatose emotional overload after. Last night took a good half hour and most of a mochaccino.

2 comments:

Nels P. Highberg said...

Oh, I can't wait to see this! It's not here, yet, but I'm glad to hear it's a good one.

Anonymous said...

No speculation necessary. Dr B was in line with susansinclair and most of the audience in the room. It was absolutely devastating--and I won't say anything else for those like nels who haven't seen it yet. But a half hour to emerge from emotional overload? Give it at least a day, and that doesn't count the flashbacks!