Monday, May 16, 2005

Napping

Day One of the Big Diss Push did not start off auspiciously. Oh, I got up and showered, and shouldered my backpack as MsJ dropped me off at Nearby University's library. Said library was even open (I'd forgotten to doublecheck). I purchased a cup of coffee (appropriately contained inside a closeable container, as per NU Library rules). I settled myself down at a study table by a window. I powered up the laptop and opened up my notes. I worked at a steady, if slow, pace for 45 minutes.

Then I stalled.

So, I took a walk through the stacks, contemplating "work," and how to organize some Chapter Two material around said idea.

Returned to desk.

Dozed off. Jerked awake. Rinse, lather, repeat.

Repositioned myself. Dozed. Repositioned again. Dozed.

Finally packed it in, pausing to stroll through a few shelves of new periodicials. Walked the 3/4 mile home, tripping and falling once, to the delight of three dogs watching me. (We'll discuss the clumsy quotient another day.)

Now: to Starbucks to caffeinate and begin the afternoon's efforts, which one hopes will be more successful.

2 comments:

middlebrow said...

Nor did my day begin well. Son was sick this morning. Slept in. Son was a little better. I drank coffee and son drank juice and together we player free Star Wars games on the computer.

I am getting a little work done this afternoon. Just do a little every day. It adds up. We hope.

Dr. Write said...

I can't even bring myself to write something "shitty" re my blog. Instead I blog and email my friends. What's wrong with that? Okay I'm getting off-line now to write something terrible.
Good luck to you as well.