Monday, April 25, 2005

Sleepyhead

I did a lot of reading today, and now I'm very sleepy. Having a cup of green tea with chai honey (thank you, folks at Stash, for that brilliant invention).

Optimist that I am, I printed out my "pyramid" food guidelines from the guvvimint. I'm trying to get more fruits and vegies into my day. Of course, at the same time, I had hidden a big ol' tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge, and was eating several spoonfuls a day. Ms J found it and baked up the last of it last night.

I'm just not meant to have an eating disorder.

At that point, I also 'fessed up to her about the unopened pack of cigarettes stuffed in a drawer full of tablecloths we rarely use. (Why do we have so many tablecloths?) I bought it a few months ago during a low moment, but never got around to actually smoking any. (I used to have a few stress smokes every year or two, but once I developed mild asthma, smoking lost its attraction.)

The cookie dough is tastier, even if it compounds things by making my jeans even tighter.

What was the point of this entry?

Oh, yeah. Sleepy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I'm stressed, I always have to make a decision between cheesecake or tequila. I usually settle for cheesecake and tequila.